VersAlign© Precision Shaft Alignment System
The VersAlign© is designed for the reverse-indicator method, but can also be used for the face-and-rim technique. This fixture is field proven with years of refinement. It is very rigid, highly accurate, and unequaled in its simplicity of setup. The alignment results produced are excellent every time. A 3 ½" disk contains calculation software to be used with Windows. This is the only shaft-to-shaft alignment system you will ever need to purchase. Along with the accessories, it can handle every conceivable alignment job. All that is needed beyond this fixture for alignment are mechanics' tools and shims. See below for setups.
Industry Standard for Alignment Accuracy
- Coupling remains assembled (no disassembly required)
- For shaft sizes 1 1/8" to 5" diameter (larger with the accessory chain clamps)
- Rugged three-drawer Kennedy toolbox
- Not affected by shaft end play
- Most cost-effective way to align shafts
- Precision measurement and precision moves (no hunting)
- Rigid clamping with swivel joints guarantees high degree of accuracy
- Tube to store extension rods and to measure bar sag
- Bar sag chart included
Comes with a McGraw-Hill textbook, by Victor Wowk, P.E., and 48 min. training DVD
The textbook describes the state-of-the-art alignment methods and is written by a pioneering engineer and author in the field
This easy-to-follow, step-by-step resource shows you how to:
- Diagnose Misalignment using vibration instruments, dial indicators, hand feel, and visual observations.
- Perform Precision Alignments using dial indicators, lasers, optical and electronic measuring instruments. Graphical plotting techniques are illustrated with examples of the reverse-indicator method, face-and-rim, and many variations.
- Move Machines from small ones to the largest ones with orchestrated positioning techniques.
- Judge Acceptability with alignment tolerances based on speed and stresses at the joints.
- Deal with Complicating Factors such as faulty foundations, bent shafts, soft foot, bar sag, piping strain, and thermal growth.
- Align Specific Machines from normal two-machine one-coupling horizontal systems, to long drive shafts, large and heavy machines, multiple machine trains, vertical shafts, single-bearing generators, and reciprocating machines.
- This authoritative guide also covers bearing alignments, gear alignment, and pulley alignments. It also includes specific chapters on couplings, optical tooling, and laser systems.
Accessories & Prices
AK-750: Basic Reverse-Indicator Alignment Fixture
- (4) T-Clamps, heavy duty, aluminum
- (8) Knurled Knobs, 3/8-16 x 1" O.D.
- (4) 3/8-16 all thread, stainless steel, 7"
- (8) 3/8 flat washers
- (8) Swivel pins
- (8) 1/4" flat washers
- (2) Swivel blocks
- (8) Knurled knobs, ¼-20
- (2) Starrett 81-241, AGD-1 dial indicators, with flat backs, modified with 3/8" diameter axial extensions
- (2) Target blocks, 6061 aluminum
- (2) Brass thumb screws, #10-24
- (2) Swivel joints 3/8 x 3/8
- (2) 3/8" dia. extension rods, 3" long
- (2) 3/8" dia. extension rods, 4½" long
- (2) 3/8" dia. extension rods, 6" long
- (2) 3/8" dia. extension rods, 9" long
- (2) 3/8" dia. extension rods, 12" long
- (2) 3/8" dia. extension rods, 16" long
- (1) 1½" diameter stainless-steel tube bar-sag pipe
- (1) 4-point level with magnetic backing
- (1) Tape measure 10'
- (1) Inspection mirror
- (1) 12" combination square
- (1) McGraw-Hill textbook: by Victor Wowk Machinery Vibration: Alignment
- (1) Pad graph paper
- (1) Kennedy toolbox, 3-drawer, #620
- (1) Bar sag chart
- (1) 3½" disk - alignment program
- (IBM-PC Windows - Included with Basic Kit)
- (1) Alignment Training Video, 48 minutes
AK-750-01: Horizontal Move Monitors (Qty. 2)
- Provides two additional dial indicators and two magnetic bases
- Accurately measures the actual horizontal movement. Also used to detect and correct "soft foot"
- A must to make precision horizontal moves
- A most useful accessory for any shaft-alignment system
- (2) Magnetic bases
- (2) Swivel joints 1/4 x 1/4
- (2) Swivel joints 3/8 x 1/4
- (2) Dial indicators, Starrett No. 196B1
AK-750-02: Chain Clamps (Qty. 2)
- Can clamp up to 12" diameter. Unlimited with additional link-ups of chain
- Provides two lengths of 36"-long tooling chain
- (2) Chain 36" with 3/8-16 bolt
- (2) Knurled knobs, 3/8-16 x 1” O.D.
- (2) Chain T-Clamps, heavy-duty aluminum
- (2) 3/8 washers
- (2) Swivel pins
- (2) Knurled knobs, ¼-20
- (2) ¼” flat washers
AK-750-03: Small Clamps for Small Machines (Qty. 2)
- Provides two clamps, ½" thick aluminum
- Has small swing radius of 4 inches. Machined curve as a target surface
- Shaft sizes of ½" to 1½". Designed for small machines and tight spaces
- In many cases, indicator barsag can be ignored
- (2) Machined clamps, aluminum,with plastic knobs
- (4) Swivel clamps ¼ x ¼
- (2) ¼" diameter extension rods to span 6 inches
- (2) Dial indicators, Starrett No. 196B1
BA-100: Bearing Alignment Fixture (Qty. 1)
- Used to check bearing alignment
- Measures the total indicator runout of outer race to shaft axis
- Clamps to the shaft and measures on the outer race as the shaft is rotated
- A must for anyone who installs bearings, especially the adjustable type
- Not available anywhere else
- (1) Holder, 6061 aluminum
- (1) Dial indicator, Starrett “Last Word” No. 711GPSZ
- (4) Assorted hose clamps
- (1) #10-24 thumb screw, brass
CAS-750: Complete Alignment System
- AK-750 Basic Reverse-Indicator Alignment Fixture
- AK-750-01 Horizontal Move Monitors
- AK-750-02 Chain Clamps Set
- AK-750-03 Small Clamps
- BA-100 Bearing Alignment Fixture
CAC-II Alignment Computer
The Coach II Classifying Alignment Computer is no longer available.
Click here to obtain IBM PC alignment manuals downloads from Acculign.